Wednesday, March 24, 2010

THINK PINK

It's a girl!
If you haven't caught on from all the "she's" and "hers"
I never blogged about this and it is a big deal, very worth a blog entry. On March 2, we had our 20 week ultrasound where we were able to find out we are having a little girl! Todd really thought it was going to be a boy. I knew from the very beginning it'd be a girl. I'm glad I was right though. :) We did have a bet on it... if it was a boy Todd was going to get Assassins Creed 2 (video game) and if it was a girl I'd get a new nano ipod. I had the much better end of the deal I will admit that... But guess what. Todd has the game now and I don't have an ipod! So really, he lost but still got the prize. I could've got the ipod, but I never really cared about it. I just wanted to make a bet with Todd because I knew I was right about it being a girl. So the satisfaction of being right and the fact that I get a cute little girl was plenty enough! And it was me who bought the game for Todd. I wanted to surprise him with something because he'd worked a lot that week.

The ultrasound was so cool! It was about a half hour appointment of just looking at the baby! I know I could do that for much longer. They checked everything, like the 4 chambers the heart, the diaphragm, correct number of bones in the legs, etc. Don't worry, I counted the number of fingers of toes! Anyway, everything looks great! She is a health little girl! She measured 1 day off from her due date, so basically perfect. :)
We got a video from the ultrasound and if you come over to our house, guarantee Todd will make you watch it! I think he's very proud of his little healthy girl. One really cute moment from the ultrasound I loved wasn't caught on the video unfortunately. The technician had just stopped recording and was looking at the profile again and you could see the baby sucking on her thumb! But not just one hand, she kept switching between right and left. It was adorable! It was really crazy to see her on the screen moving and also feel it.

Even though we know its a girl now, I haven't been able to get the room ready. I'm having a hard time finding a crib setting I love. There are a lot of cute ones out there, but not any that have jumped out at me. I don't exactly know what I'm looking for and I know I'm putting way too much thought into it. Anyway, if you see an adorable crib setting, let me know! I am on the look out.

I will post the ultrasound pictures soon! I haven't been able to get them scanned in yet, but I promise they will come soon.

No comments: