Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Growing... Plants


GROWING... plants.



Ok, I'm growing too, but I talk a lot about the pregnancy and I'm trying to add a little more variety to this blog. But really... the baby is the most important and always on my mind! Can't help it!



We are very excited to have a garden plot this year! Last year we moved in to late in the season to get one started, but we've been talking about a garden plot since last summer. Daybreak, as we all know is a very different little community. Todd and I love it, but here is one difference. Most of the homes don't have very big yards. The whole reason behind that is to have "community yards". Which is really nice for us because we are in a town house and even if we were somewhere else we probably wouldn't have much yard. Anyway, there are a lot of parks and open spaces in daybreak. Another thing they have are community gardens. Community gardens are cute little plots of.. well dirt... where you can grow whatever you want! So yesterday we were able to pick our plot, which we got right by our neighbors. We were so excited we went to home depot and picked up some gardening essentials. Also we started some seeds of plants we hope will soon be apart of our garden.



Among our seeds are cucumbers, LEMON cucumbers (I'm very excited for these!), tomatoes, pumpkins, peas, beans, basil, rosemary, and I think thats it....Well, I'm not MASTER gardener :) but hopefully they will turn out okay!



I did make sure Todd understood I wouldn't be of much help with this garden and it is mainly his thing. I figure I won't be up to gardening when I'm 8 months pregnant or probably not for awhile when I have a brand new baby.



So really a lot of the credit for this garden needs to go to Todd. He did compare it to the nursery rhyme of the Little Red Hen, which he compared himself and the people who didn't help, like the cow (which he compared to me!). Yeah... I've given him a lot of grief for calling me a cow! I don't think he intentionally meant it that way, but I still like to tease him.

1 comment:

haybay said...

lol, he called you a cow =)
Aww remember when me you and Manda grew plants!! Then when i got back from Hawaii, Amandas plant was on top of mine.. HOw rude....