Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Funny Pregnancy Moments

I always feared pregnancy. I figured it'd be the most miserable thing that ever happened to me. I know I'm in my "good time" right now, the easy 2nd trimester, maybe I shouldn't speak too soon about how much I love being pregnant, but I truely do! For now anyway.


There have been lots of fun moments with being pregnant and really I just can't get over the fact that I love my baby so much already and get to know her before anyone else.

Todd tells me all the time that I smell like a baby. He's convinced I secretely rub baby lotion all over myself, but really,I don't own any! yet anyway.


My first impression of maternity pants was that I won't ever wear them because they are hideous. But after buying the right sizes I've come around a lot. They're actually pretty comfortable. I started wearing them as soon as they'd stay up... well, they still sag sometimes, but I think thats just maternity pants. I've discovered the store kid to kid. Ok, well I always knew about it, I remember getting dragged there with my mom and sisters and them always loving that store and personally thinking it smelled like old clothes... but I now have grown to appreciate it. I feel like its a little bit of a treasure hunt, you have to go often to find the really great stuff. But its so cheap and I love that. So far I have only bought maternity clothes for me there and I love buying capris for $7 instead of $30 (what those ridiculous maternity stores would want).


My hair is getting longer! My hair usually takes forever to grow out, but with the new help of the prenatal vitamins, its growing! Suprisingly I haven't used the pregnancy excuse of "eating for two." I honestly feel like I have a more balanced diet now. I eat smaller meals with snacks throughout the day. This is one shocker for me, I always thought being pregnant would be great because you can eat whenever and whatever you wanted to without guilt, but maybe its helping me be healthier instead.Plus, I now eat breakfast which I think is really important. I've learned to love cereal. Never really was a cereal person before, but now it always sounds good. Wouldn't mind a bowl of froot loops right now actually. I should try and eat healthier cereals.... but lucky charms, froot loops, and cinnamon toast crunch are all just so yummy!


I appreciate a good nights sleep. I know they will be something I'm giving up for quite a long time, so now when I do sleep good all night I'm in heaven! Unfortunately, they are already getting fewer and fewer. I have a hard time staying comfortable.


My belly is cute. Yesterday was a "wow" moment for me when I was taking a picture of our plants (blog of those to come) and I was taking the picture directly down and my belly was showing up in the screen! It made me laugh, I don't realize how big that belly really is getting. I also underestimate my size now. I will try and squeeze through things and I just don't fit in beween things like I used to!



This is the picture of the belly from looking down. It gets dirty too... I forgot to mention that. It seems to get stuff on it with out me noticing. :)

I love love love feeling the baby move. Luckily for me, she moves a lot! I know I annoy Todd a little bit because I am constantly making him feel the belly. But it's adorable and cool! I usually feel her moving the most after I eat, but sometimes its just random. I still talk to the ultrasound picture and not the baby... I need to break the habit and realize that I can talk to baby anytime because she's always with me, but whenever I am looking at the ultrasound picture on the fridge I say Hi. :)


Richards Rules. I think the fact that we will be parents has in some way sunk in for us. Out of no where we both have started making "Richards Rules." They're more fun and to tease each other, but here are a few "Richard's Rules":

1- If you finish the kool aid you are responsible for making a new batch.

2- If one person takes the trash out, the other is to reline the garbage can immediately! This is one I don't really follow cuz its more of a roll my eyes at Todd thing then anything else. I think he has a fear that if the garbage can is lined the second the old bag is removed it will never happen. I dont' know if he's just not used to living with only adults still, but I won't throw garbabge in a can not lined... He makes a big deal of it.

3- Bedroom door has to be shut at night when we go to bed! This is mine, I hate having the door open when we sleep.


Well I know we have more "Richards Rules" but I can't think of them right now!

1 comment:

Michelle Mortensen said...

haha i love the picture of ur belly looking down! wow ur getting big!