Saturday, September 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home






I know, I know, I'm not good at blogging! We've been in our townhouse since the beginning of July, but here it is mid-september and I'm blogging about it.
We are really happy to finally be in and settled! We love our house and feel incredibly lucky to have it.
Our townhouse is located at the north end of Daybreak very close to the lake.
This is what we love about our townhouse:
#1- Its ours! It feels great not having to deal with landlords.... until something breaks.. then I might be wanting the landlord back.. :)
#2- The location. I really do enjoy being close to family and in a nice area. We love our family so when its a a 5 or 15 minute drive, it makes it easier to see them more often. The area is definitly better then our old apartments where there were cars broken in to about every night.
#3- Its daybreak. We absolutley love Daybreak. It is definitly a different community, but we love it. When we were first looking at houses Todd wanted nothing to do with Daybreak.. It took about 1 visit to change his mind completely. I'm glad he loves it as much as me. We've taken advantage of the ammenities Daybreak provides with many kayaking trips, swimming and baking on the beach, the gym (ok, really I've only gone 2x, but I did like it!), fishing, and especially our strolls around the lake.
#4- Style of our house. Our townhouse is very modern. Not everyone loves the edgyness and prefer traditional, but not us. The last thing we wanted was what everyone else had... We tried to be as different from the typical tans and browns most homes are these days. It was a lot of fun picking everything out too!
#5- (todd's) THE GARAGE.












No comments: